Movement & Its Type
- muscular :-
(that involves muscles mostly occur at cellular level or by eukaryotes).
- Protoplasmic streaming
- flagella movements
- Cilia movements
- Protoplasmic streaming :- flow of protoplasm of cell outside of it ex-amoeba.
- Flagella movements :- some cells or organisms move with the heap of flagella. Ex-sperms, hydra. Only 1 or 2 in no.
- Cilia movements :- some cells or organisms move with the help of cilia. Cilia are small hair like present on full body surface. Flame cells have cilia.
- Non-muscular :-
(that do not involve muscles mostly occur at organism level or by multi cellular organism).
- Movement by body parts.
- Locomotion :- movement of full body from one place to another is locomotion. Ex. Swimming by fish, running, walking by dog, man etc.
- Movement of body parts :-
By external parts
By internal organs
Movements in land vertebrates:-
Amoeboid movements :- in our body macrophages and leucocytes show such movements by forming a false foot to engulf the foreign particles (false foot- pseudopodia ).
Cilia movements :- many cells living in inner layer of our body have cilia to allow the movement of particles only in one direction.
Muscular movements:- we can move our limbs, tongue, jaws, & many more organs due to muscles.